Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 2

Long hot day.  I finished with about 90 miles.  The first half of the day was on hyway 44 from Harlan to Guthrie Center.  I was at 47 miles at Guthrie by 10am.  Started at 5:15 on the road after waking at 4:10.  The ride through the early morning fog was very special as we cut through different temperature thermals.  The pancake man served me breakfast at 6 AM.  He said some guy on a bike woke him up at 3:30 asking for pancakes.  He was out of luck. 
Rode through spring brook state park and came up the big hill, I walked the last half and didn't care.  Health over pride was a motto today for me.  It got hot getting to washington school where we had some watermelon.  That hit the spot.  Got to the truck in perry a bit before 4pm, I reloaded my packs and rode loaded to Forest Park Museum where Cheryl picked me up.  Staying at Grandpa Howards tonight.

No comments: